2005_Arlington court

Arlington Court est un manoir situé à Arlington, près de  Barnstaple, north Devon, England.

The house was built by Colonel John Palmer Chichester (1769-1823),and designed by a local architect Thomas Lee.
The Chichester family were minor Devonshire gentry.
The house was considerably expanded by John Chichester's grandson Sir Bruce Chichester in 1865.
In 1876 the Arlington estate extended to some 5300 acres.
Sir Bruce's unmarried daughter and heiress, Rosalie Chichester, donated the mansion to the National Trust together with 3,500 acres (14 km2) on her death in 1949.

De nos jours,le manoir est ouvert aux visiteurs qui peuvent admirer les collections de vieux meubles et de bibelots et se promener dans le parc.

Photographies: armand Breton (Fr)
 

Créer un site gratuit avec e-monsite - Signaler un contenu illicite sur ce site

×